Monday, March 7, 2011

Two Little Girls Running Amok in David's Bridal




So, for those of you who don't already know, in addition to my five bridesmaids, we're having two of our favorite little girls as a part of the wedding. I've been babysitting Samantha and Skylar since they were in diapers, and over the past four years, I've been taking Alex with me when I babysit. Turns out they really took a liking to each other.





These two have easily been the biggest cheerleaders for our relationship, and are the epitome of what it means to be excited. They have been asking me since the very first time I brought Alex over, "When are you guys getting maaaaaaaaaarried?" and "Can we be in your wedding?" — long before we had ever given such things a thought.




Alex has endured (and enjoyed) many a Saturday night being climbed all over, forced into "princehood" (I am usually the wicked queen...they are the princesses), and being teased by both the girls and myself.




When we decided we were going to get married, one of the first things that was decided was that these two were going to be a part of it. Sadly, because of the size of my family, I won't be able to have anyone under 18 at the reception besides these two and Alex's cousin Michael who is also in the wedding. Coming from Italian and Irish families means LOTS of kids. So it's nice that we will at least have these two and Michael to keep the crowd young.




Even though they were picked out as part of the wedding party months and months ago, I still hadn't told them yet. When the bridal consultant told me that it could take between 4-6 months to get dresses in, I decided we'd better fill them in and get dress shopping.




On Saturday, I went over to the Gallucio's under the pretense of picking up my Christmas present that I still hadn't come over to get. I went over and opened my present and while I was ripping the paper, I started telling them that I had a very important question. They both looked at me quizzically, not knowing where this was going. "Would you girls be interested in...say...getting dressed up, and riding in a limo, and being in my wedding?"




Their little eyes lit up and with huge smiles they both agreed and ran around and got all excited. Then I told them to get their shoes because we were going to go get their dresses. A quick ride over to David's Bridal to meet their Mom and the next thing they knew, we were trying on dresses.






There are tons of mirrors on every surface in the store, so every time they got a new dress on, they each had to walk around and look from every angle.





Samantha (on the left) ended up choosing this dress. Obviously it will be in navy blue, and we are going to have it cut to tea length and sew some bugle beads on the neckline.






Skylar on the other hand, fell in love with "the one with the flowerrrrrsssssssss!" and wouldn't take it off. We're also going to cut hers short so she can "twirl" properly.




Once they had each picked out their dress, Arlene and I spent about 20 minutes watching them model in the mirror. Talk about a good time!









No comments:

Post a Comment