Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Books, Books, Books

My plan was originally to write a nice little paragraph about each of these books and why I love them so much, but a nice little paragraph turned into about 4 pages for the first selection.

So to save you from my ramblings, I've decided just to put up a list of some of my recent favorite books. As you can see, when I find an author I like, I tend to read everything they've written. Also, I have a soft spot for historical fiction. Below that is my stuff to read lists. As always, if you have other suggestions for my "to read" list, please comment below.



Books I've Read, Loved, and Will Read Again Numerous Times:

  • Her Fearful Symmetry - Audrey Niffenegger
  • The Time Traveler's Wife - Audrey Niffenegger
  • Pillars of the Earth - Ken Follett
  • The Murderer's Daughters - Randy Susan Myers
  • The Bone Garden - Tess Gerritsen
  • The Red Tent - Anita Diamant
  • The House at Riverton - Kate Morton
  • The Distant Hours - Kate Morton
  • The Forgotten Garden - Kate Morton
  • Sarah's Key - Tatiana de Rosnay
  • A Secret Kept - Tatiana de Rosnay


Books That I Have at Home Waiting to Be Read:

  • The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime - Mark Haddon
  • The Bonesetter's Daughter - Amy Tan
  • The Kitchen God's Wife - Amy Tan
  • Devil in the White City - Erik Larson
  • The Dante Club - Matthew Pearl
  • Water for Elephants - Sara Gruen
  • Reading Lolita in Tehran - Azar Nafisi
  • Wicked - Gregory McGuire
  • Cider House Rules - John Irving
  • The Graveyard Book - Neil Gaiman
  • Everything is Illuminated - Jonathan Safran Foer
  • The Help - Kathryn Stockett


Books From Authors That I Love and Can't Wait to Read More Of:


  • Gravity - Tess Gerritsen
  • The Keys to Rebecca - Ken Follett
  • World Without End - Ken Follett
  • Sacred Hearts - Sarah Dunant


Suggestions from Friends On My To Read List:


  • The Nineteenth Wife - David Ebershoff
  • The Book Thief - Markus Zusak
  • The Brightest Star in the Sky - Marian Keyes
  • By Nightfall - Michael Cunningham
  • C - Tom McCarthy
  • A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius - Dave Eggers
  • The Historian - Elizabeth Kostova
  • Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet - Jamie Ford
  • The Hummingbird's Daughter - Luis Alberto Urrea
  • The Lemon Tree - Sandy Tolan
  • The Reader - Bernhard Schlink
  • A Reliable Wife - Robert Goolrick
  • Room - Emma Donoghue
  • The Zookeepers Wife - Diane Ackerman



No comments:

Post a Comment