Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Wedding Favors

I've gone through quite a few ideas for wedding favors (the top of the list still being mini bottles of homemade limoncello and vodka for the Italian and Polish sides respectively), but with our budget in mind, I think I've come up with a perfect compromise that is still very "us." I know that everyone does wedding CDs, but here's what I propose: a cd of a capella versions of all of the songs that are most meaningful to Alex and I.

Makes sense. Alex was in an a capella group for many years. I'm pretty musically inclined. We're having an a capella group at both the ceremony and performing at the reception. So here's what I'm thinking.
Glassine CD envelopes lined with scrapbook paper and a belly band held in place with a personalized sticker. Et Voila!





The most difficult part of this endeavor (aside from burning over 150 cds) is getting a perfect sticker. I, of course, went running to the talented art department at work and enlisted the help of Ms. Jen Mendoza, artist extraordinaire. In no time flat, she had come up with all of these!




I chose my very favorite, tweaked the layout of the date a bit, and sent them off to be printed. Hopefully they will be delivered in time for maid of honor, Jenna, and I to get a few of them together during her visit next week!



So now that I've spent some time at the craft store picking out the envelopes, paper, and ribbons, all I need to do is come up with a playlist, burn some CDs, and put them together. My current playlist ideas include:
  • I've Just Seen a Face - Beatles
  • The Way You Look Tonight - Frank Sinatra
  • Wouldn't It Be Nice - The Beach Boys
  • Hey Jude - Beatles
  • In My Life - Beatles
  • God Only Knows - The Beach Boys
Speaking of wedding planning, I checked with The Knot to see how I was coming along on their "official bridal checklist" and was thrilled to see that I have successfully accomplished 41 tasks! That was until I saw that there were 142 left to accomplish...Whew!


No comments:

Post a Comment