Sunday, July 25, 2010

Unfortunate Signage


When it comes to humor, I sometimes have the sophistication of a 12-year-old boy who loves nothing more than a good, old fashioned fart joke. This is why when we saw these two establishments along Route 13 over the weekend, I of course erupted into a fit of giggles.

Okay, so I'm all for natural foods. I like organic (which after I read the name of the store, I accidentally read as "orgasmic"). I get the idea, that yes, you can get everything you need here and it's your last stop before you can go home and enjoy your fresh, delicious food.

But really? Third Base produce? The baseball metaphor automatically comes spilling into my head, and now I can't think of anything else. You know how KFC's logo is "finger-lickin good?" Well this produce is "finger-ban...". Nevermind. I'll keep it PG.


So not even 5 miles down the same road, we came across some really poor sign placement. So the Crown Motel is obviously a less than upstanding establishment (which there seem to be quite a few of on this road...my favorite is the "Dutch Inn." Whenever we pass it Alex calls it the "Dutch OV-Inn." Classy.) Well anyway, we were stopped at a red light in front of one of Route 13's many shady establishments, and we saw this.


It appears to be a short list of services offered at the motel! Honestly, I thought that stuff this unfortunate only happened in Smyrna and the rest of slower lower, but apparently we can count on New Castle to throw in a few classics every now and then as well!



No comments:

Post a Comment