So for those of you who haven't heard, after many months of keeping track of hundreds of emails and a veritable ton of information from our Lady Gaga lovin' realtor, we're finally done with the search. Our offer was officially accepted on the house over the weekend (I have a 50 page PDF to prove it), so we will be homeowners before you know it! Settlement is April 15 and I'm guessing move in will be that Saturday, April 17. So if you happen to be free and want to carry boxes in exchange for beer and pizza afterwards....
For those who are interested, here's the down low on the neighborhood from the listing:
"Thompson Homes introduces Canal View at Crossland, Middletown's newest luxury Townhome community, located on the canal in the absolute best location, just seconds from the bridge. Several floor plans to choose from in a well-designed community that is surrounded by open space and water. Each plan features spacious eat-in kitchens with center island and 42" wood cabinetry, high profile moldings including 7" baseboard, 9 foot first floors, sumptuous master suites with walk-in closets, good size secondary bedrooms, full poured basements with options to finish as well as lofts. Grand Opening incentive includes Trex style decks on all models! Maintenance free exterior with no landscaping or grass cutting, yet minimal monthly fees! Interior features also include Andersen windows & doors and tankless hot water systems from New Castle County's first Gold Level Green Builder."
And here's the answers to all the questions everyone has been asking me:
- Technically its listed as Middletown, but I think St. George's is a more accurate description of location. You can see the new St. George's bridge from the neighborhood (and alternately you can see the McMansions in front of our community from the bridge). It's pretty much as close to halfway between my job and Alex's as you can possibly get.
- It's a townhouse. We're the third in a cluster of four, so on the interior. We're the first cluster of townhouses to be built, but more are coming.
- It is new construction and we will be the first ones to live in it (yay!)
- Three bedrooms, two bathrooms upstairs, a powder room downstairs, full basement (unfinished now, but easy to finish at a later date), deck, huge closets (walk in in the master that is bigger than my Mom's bedroom growing up according to her), oversized living room/dining area, kitchen with island in the middle, upgraded 44" cabinets (that I can't reach the top of), new stainless steel kitchen appliances, etc.
- Everything in it is energy efficient and bills are supposedly going to be less than living in our apartment
- It comes with all sorts of upgrades that this builder does standard: tankless/on-demand hot water heater, 7-inch moldings, huge closets, updated lighting and fixtures, oversized window in the basement that doubles as a fire escape if you want to finish your basement in the future, deck on the back, lawn service, Anderson windows, upgraded railings, etc.
- No, we don't have another house directly in our backyard. There's designated open space that will reside between us and the next row of houses, so we'll have a nice view from our deck once construction settles down.
- Yes, I will have you over for dinner as soon as we get in and get settled, I promise.
And for those of you who want me to stop blabbering and just get on with the rest of the pictures, here's the entire album, complete with my quirky comments underneath.